My favorite places in Historic Downtown Montgomery, Texas

My favorite places in Historic Downtown Montgomery, Texas


I've lived in Montgomery for 6 years now. We really love it here. There is something really special about a small town. Becoming a part of the downtown community has made me realize how important it is to support other small businesses in my community. So in that spirit, here is a list of my favorite small businesses in the historic district of Montgomery, Texas. Whether you are looking for a family day trip near Houston, something to do near Lake Conroe, or are a Montgomery county local,  I hope you will check them out and support them!


Photo by Bobby Skinner

Why I love them: They have a million flavors, including sugar free and clear options. They serve a chicken broth dog snoball AND they will fill your snoball with a scoop of BLUE BELL. They often have food truck fridays too. 



Why I love them: My husband and I have spent many evening battling it out on this mini golf course. We are very competitive and some of the holes are pretty challenging! It's a great spot to watch the sunset and you can get ice cream on site. The best part is the whole course is Texas themed!



Why I love them: They always have something fun planned! From live music, line dancing classes, open mic & karaoke to essential oil and cookie classes. There is truly something for everyone. Plus WINE! It's a lovely atmosphere and they have front row seating for the city stage in the middle of town. You will love it!

Wine & Design - Montgomery



Why I love them: Well I love anything having to do with painting. But that is not all they do here! Your Pinterest craft project dreams will all come true! They do blanket weaving classes and all kinds of seasonal projects. You can even book your own private party or take your project to-go. 


Photo by Arrowhead Photo
Why I love it: This is one of my favorite places to photograph. It is a few blocks from my studio. It is a great place for a peaceful evening walk. I cannot get enough of those weeping willow trees. The library is also a place I love. I am a book nerd and I still use my library card regularly. I can get lost in the aisles of the library for hours. 


Image may contain: people standing and stripes, text that says 'BABYStella'Image may contain: 2 people, people standing

Why I love it: This trendy boutique is right across the way from my photography studio. I love to pop in and browse the cute t-shirts. They have both ladies and kids sizes. Their kids clothes are ADORABLE! Word on the street is the salon is known for doing great hair too. 

Rustic Cashmere Gift Shop



Why I love them: Montgomery is known for antiques shopping. This is not the only shop of it's kind in downtown Montgomery. They are all great. I love antiques. Like, I LOVE! them. This gift shop is great because they offer a little bit of old and new. You are sure to find something you can't live without.


Thanks for checking out my blog! I hope you'll plan a visit to Montgomery and enjoy all it has to offer. There is usually a Thursday evening Montgomery Sip-n-Stroll Farmer's Market  and a Lone Star 1st Saturday event monthly. Click the links for the latest updates on these events. Visit my website to see some of my photography. 


Shannon Matlock, owner of Arrowhead Photo, specializes in family photography, maternity and newborn photography. The Arrowhead Photo studio is located in the Montgomery Texas historic district  at 208 McCown #103.
 conroe texas family photographer, Shannon Matlock

The Arrowhead Photo Family Portrait Studio Building
montgomery tx family portrait studio


Arrowhead Photo is a family portrait studio serving the Houston area!

Arrowhead Photo offers both newborn studio photography and outdoor family photography in Historic Downtown Montgomery, TX and proudly serves Magnolia, Spring, The Woodlands, Conroe, Cypress, Tomball, Kingwood, Montgomery, Pinehurst, Splendora, New Caney, Humble, Navasota, College Station, Adine, Alief, Humble, and Atascocita areas. If you are in the Houston, Spring, The Woodlands, Cypress, Tomball, Atascocita or the Conroe area. Please explore this website for more information on photography offered by Arrowhead Photo in your area.



 



Comments

Popular Posts